100 years ago in Minas Gerais, when the Italian immigrants Mário and Isaíra Silvestrini produced the first creamy cheese of Brazil. From a family recipe, the couple started Laticínios Catupiry®, a dream that came true in November 1911, in the hydromineral resort of Lambari.
It was in that small factory in the state of Minas Gerais that Mário and Isaíra Silvestrini produced the creamy cheese almost by hand. Once ready, each cheese was wrapped in cellophane film and carefully placed one by one in small wooden boxes. What they did not imagine is that the cheese with creamy consistency but firm and the round handmade wooden boxes would become true icons.